If I can't reach the agency, who can I call to make a payment or file a claim?Leal Insurance Services is available to help, but in the event you are unable to reach us by phone and require immediate attention, you may contact your carrier directly. Hover the Resources tab above and click on Important Links to find the appropriate contact information.Back to TopWho will handle my claim?Your carrier will assign your claim to a dedicated professional who will be your point-of-contact for any questions or concerns regarding the claim. Leal Insurance Services will serve as your advocate should an issue arise. PLEASE NOTE: Our office does not have any authority in the claims process. We do not process or handle any claims.Back to TopWhat are your office hours?Our office is open to serve you:
Monday - Thursday 9a - 6p
Fridays 9:30a - 5:30pBack to TopWhat is an "independent agent"?An independent agent is a licensed insurance professional who works with more than one insurance company. This allows the agent to do all the shopping for the customer since the are not limited to one insurance company.Back to TopWhy do business with an independent agent?Since independent agents have a network of insurance companies, we can do all the shopping for you while keeping your family's budget and priorities top of mind.Back to TopI've been in an accident – what now?
Start by writing down all the info your carrier will require. They need to know:
· When the accident occurred
· Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible)
· How the accident happened
· What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make, and model)
· A description of the damage on each vehicle
· The names and contact information of people involved in the accident
· The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident
· The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
· The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number, if police were contacted
Then Call us or your carrier with this information to report the claim.Back to TopI have damage to my property-what now?
Call us or your insurance carrier and let them know:Back to TopDo I need to protect my home from further damage?
· When the incident occurred.
· A general description of what happened.
· The location of the damaged property and what was damaged.
· The condition of the home and if it is still livable.
· If temporary repairs are needed.
· If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number. Your contact information and the best time to reach you
Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.
· Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken
windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.
· Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage,
and make sure to save your receipts.
· If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be
inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.
· If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. Back to Top
Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.