Like many of you, we’ve been experiencing power outages and – at times – no water over the last few days. These are unprecedent times and we are right there with you. Whatever you need, however we can help, please reach out to us.
If you can’t get a hold of us right away, please be patience, we’ll get back to you shortly as our physical office location is not accessible for the rest of the week and our team is working from home. If you need immediate assistance, please text us at (210) 277-7544 and we will we respond as soon as possible.
If you need to file a claim, you can do so on our website, here: https://www.lealinsurance.com/claims-submission/
Here are some tips on what to do in the event you experience a loss:
- First and foremost – BE SAFE. If your home is not safe, evacuate to safe place.
- Contact your utility company to report possible gas leak or downed power lines right away. If you are to do safely, shut off your water, electricity and/or gas supply.
- If you experience a busted pipe, turn off your water from the main water connection.
- Take pictures. Lots of them. This will help document the loss to your carrier.
- Help prevent additional damage if it is safe to do so.
- File a claim. You may contact your carrier directly or file your claim with our office as soon as possible.
- Save receipts. If you pay for any repairs (even if they are temporary repairs) or pay for remediation services to clean up water, make sure you save all receipts/paid invoices and detail any work done to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement consideration.
Check your exterior pipes regularly over the coming days/weeks. Look for any breaks or leaks. Look out for water spots in the ceiling or walls. This might indicate a busted pipe and you will want to address it quickly to prevent a large water loss.
If you do experience a loss and are looking to hire a contractor to repair damages, please, please, PLEASE make sure the contractor is a reputable, local, and insured. DO NOT pay the contractor in full “in order to secure your spot” on their calendar. Insurance companies have no way of getting you your money back or reimbursing you for that kind of theft.
Lastly, we all know that claims can be a such an inconvenience and time suck. We are happy to help you assess whether your loss will exceed your deductible and advocate for you when you need to file a claim. Do not hesitate to get us involved if there is something you don’t understand or need help facilitating a phone call with your claims adjustor. Please be patient as claims teams handle what will surely be a catastrophic number of claims in the next few days and weeks. Remember that claims adjustors are people too.
Stay safe. Stay warm. Be well.
– The Leal Insurance Services team